PALM Corps in partnership with SNV was implementing the Agri-financing Uganda project in the West Nile region. The main objective of the 3 year project (2015-2017) was to stimulate financing of inclusive agribusinesses such as business oriented farmer organizations and SMEs by empowering them to be commercially viable and investment ready.
- scope 30 potential agribusiness
- build capacity of 20 of the prospected agribusiness to improve their legal status, leadership and management practices
- assess 20 graduated/prepared agribusinesses using open SME tools
- link the prepared agribusiness to financial institutions and ensure that 10 of them access financing
- monitor performance of investments of the 10 agribusinesses that secured financing
Individuals who obtained loans were linked to markets and those who had challenges were supported in re-scheduling repayment. All of them completed servicing of their loans.