The oil seed subsector Uganda platform (OSSUP) is a forum for actors to collectively voice concerns, share knowledge and promote solutions to improve competitiveness of the oilseed subsector in Uganda. It aims to develop the vegetable oil sector towards mature levels and also improve and ensure sustainable inclusion of all actors in the value chain in a bid to make the subsector competitive and dynamic for the benefit of all.
PALM Corps facilitated the platform in the West Nile region with financial and technical support from IFAD and SNV.
- Collective marketing
- Training farmers
- Mentoring 10 extension staff from member organizations
- Facilitation of market dialogue meetings between farmers and OLAM (private business partner) concerning challenges and opportunities for marketing sesame
- Provision of access to market information in specific prices of sesame and other crops
- Linking sesame producers with export companies
- Organizing sensitization meetings and weighing scale verification exercises